Mother’s Day is right around the corner and now is the time to figure out the best gift. I try to plan my gifts as far in advance as possible to avoid any mild panic attacks right before her big day. Gift giving is very specific to the person, so think about what your mom truly wants. Growing up, my mom loved to just spend time with me. If that meant going and riding horses together or having brunch with the entire family, she would be in her glory. Last year, my mom visited me in Orange County and we had our own mother-daughter weekend that ended up being one of our favorite memories together. We went to nice dinners, spent time at the beach, had massages, and drank cocktails in the sun. It was such a picture perfect weekend and we loved every minute of it. This year I am not going to be able to see my mom on actual Mother’s Day since she lives in the Bay Area, so I am going to visit her during Memorial Day Weekend instead. I’m going to take her to our favorite restaurant, Shadowbrook, and have some drinks and some much needed girl time. I did some research to put together a great gift guide in case you haven’t found or thought of the perfect gift. And just as a forewarning, most of these are not items you even need to wrap!
- Book a massage and/or pedicure – if you are looking to get together and bond with your mom, this is a great idea if she’s been a little stressed lately and needs to relax. You can have a glass of champagne, unwind, and catch up. Massages and pedicures are one of my favorite ways to de-stress.
- Brunch/dinner – brunch or dinner is another great thing to do with your mom. You can just have it one-on-one or get your whole family together to make her feel special. Ensure to make a reservation now so that her favorite spot isn’t overbooked.
- Take her shopping – I am the world’s worst daughter when it comes to this. I get so wrapped up in shopping for myself that I never think about my poor mom. She loves going shopping and getting my advice on different looks. Take her to lunch, have a glass of wine or champagne, and shop for her! You can help her pick out some great pieces and she will think of you every time she wears it.
- Go to the blow bar – I always feel so confident after getting a good blow out and style. Mother’s Day is about your mom so make sure she feels beautiful and confident for all your Mother’s Day activities. If you live in the Orange County area, SAS is a great one!
- Frame a photo – I love framing photos as gifts. My house is covered with tons of photos of all my favorite memories. It makes me happy to frequently look at photos of happy times with people I care about. Framebridge is an amazing company that professionally frames photos for you. Make sure to order soon so it arrives in time!
- Wine Membership – The Skimm recently featured Winc as one of their favorite wine memberships. I haven’t had a chance to test it out, but I have heard great things about the company. You receive a discount during your first purchase and you can select from recommendations that fit your mom’s palate.
- Offer to help with spring cleaning – I asked my mom for her recommendation to add to this post, and this was hers. While it is terrible for the giver (I mean really, it is) it is great for your mom. Moms always need help with cleaning or yard work, and this is a good way to knock some stuff off her to-do list.
Whatever you decide to do with your mom on Mother’s Day, make sure it is what she really wants. If that means taking her shopping or helping her around the house – just do it! Moms truly make the world go round and I am so grateful and blessed to have been raised by such a good-hearted, honest, and authentic woman. My mom has always been one of those women who is so true and honest with herself and others. It is such a rarity these days and she teaches me every day to be the person I want to be. I love my mom and I’m so grateful for all she has done for me and the love and guidance she continues to give me each day. Go show your moms some love this Mother’s Day. What are your favorite gifts to give?