I am always looking for clean recipes that are easy and fast. I don’t allow myself to eat out during the week so it’s important to have as many healthy recipes up my sleeve as possible. I started working with a dietitian, and she couldn’t emphasize enough the importance of reading your labels and eating whole foods. I love the sweet potato hash from True Foods, so I thought I would try to do a copy-cat recipe but give it a breakfast twist and throw an over easy egg on top.
Sweet Potato Hash
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 25 minutes
yield: 4 servings
The recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and paleo-approved.
- (1) yellow onion
- (1) large sweet potato
- (1) egg
- (1) tablespoon coconut oil
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend (a few dashes if desired)
- Crushed red pepper (if desired)
- Himalayan pink salt
- Black pepper
- Warm the finely diced sweet potato in the oven to soften at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes. I recommend this method so that you don’t have to cook them on the stove top for too long.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and set aside.
- Add (1) tablespoon of coconut oil to a pan and combine the warmed sweet potato and diced onion. Top mixture with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and combine. Saute onion and sweet potato until onions are caramelized and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and slowly lower the bowl into the pan so that the egg is not disrupted. Fry to your liking.
- Place onion and sweet potato mixture on plate and top with over easy egg. Sprinkle crushed red pepper and Trader Joe’s bagel sesame mixture as desired and enjoy!
What are your go-to healthy recipes? I would love it if you shared yours with me since I need all I can get!